Tag Archives: Thomas Jefferson
There are many options for teachers interested in doing a videoconference on on American Presidents, (especially the Founding Fathers). Here are some programs available for K-12 teachers (all can be found on www.cilc.org):
- The Life of Abraham Lincoln offered by New York State Historical Association and The Farmers’ Museum for students in grades 4, 5, 6
- George Washington-His Presidential Years offered by OASIS for students in grades 1 thru 12
- Thomas Jefferson and the Birth of a Nation also offered by OASIS for students in grades 1 thru 12
- Presidential Folk Art offered by New York State Historical Association and The Farmers’ Museum for students in grades 5 thru 8
- Hail to the Chief offered by the President Benjamin Harrison Home for grades 3, 4, 5
Another option is webconferencing, which is an interactive connection hosted over the internet, using the classroom computer instead of videoconference equipment. The Education Department of The Hermitage, Andrew Jackson’s home, offers webconferencing on President Jackson and Jacksonian America.