Category Archives: Web 2.0
Here are the top five blog posts for the past month on The Connected Classroom — have you read them?
(1) GMLP Media Literacy Mini Conference: Pedagogy & Production
(2) Web 2.0 for the Common Core
(3) Teaching + Learning Today with Technology
(4) A Conversation with Sir Ken Robinson on Digital Learning & Creativity
(5) Apply for the Google Teacher Academy in Chicago
Apply by June 10 for the Google Teacher Academy in Chicago, which takes place over two days on July 24-25, 2013. Educators who attend the Academy become Google Certified Teachers. GCTs are:
- Outstanding educators with a passion for using innovative technologies and approaches to improve teaching and learning.
- Creative leaders who understand opportunities and challenges, and have a desire to help empower others in their local community and beyond.
- Ambassadors for change who model high expectations, life-long learning, collaboration, equity, and innovation.
Approximately 50 innovative educators from around the world are selected to attend each GTA based on the merits of their online application. Applicants include classroom teachers, curriculum specialists, technology specialists, librarians, administrators, professional trainers, and other education professionals who actively serve the world’s primary and secondary teachers and students. Learn all the details here.