Tuesday, May 29, 2012 Looking for Midwest Spotlight Educators in 2013 for METC!
The Call for Proposals for METC 2013 is officially open! Our submission process has changed, so be sure to read over the details carefully on the Call for Proposals info page on the Midwest Education Technology Conference’s website, METCconference.org.
In our 30th year, here’s some of what we’re looking for:
- How is your district implementing the Common Core State Standards?
- How do you manage all of those mobile devices?
- What tech tools do you use to reach and teach your students?
- How do you engage your tech savvy students? Does it make a difference in your classroom, library, school or district?
- How do you use technology to differentiate lessons and meet the needs of all students?
Here’s some extra incentive: as a presenter, you would register at a presenter rate of $50 for the day of the presentation, and just $90 for an additional day. Any preconference (half-day or full day) presenter would attend one day of the general conference for free. Also, please note that this year we have two separate deadlines for submissions:
• Preconference Session Submission Deadline: August 24, 2012
• General Session Submission Deadline: September 14, 2012
Also, new this year… do you feel you are a leader in education technology? Apply to be one of our Midwest Spotlight Educators! You may also nominate a colleague for this special recognition at METC 2013. Those who are accepted will not only present at the conference, but will also receive free registration for the general conference as well as other benefits.
- Demonstrate motivation, engagement, transformation, and connection using technology to improve teaching and learning. (the METC theme)
- Provides a minimum of two references.
- Must be a certified educator in Missouri or Illinois.
- If accepted, presents at least 2 sessions at the conference. (does not include precon workshops or panel sessions)
Click here to learn more about the Midwest Spotlight Educator speaking opportunity and apply or nominate a colleague today. Questions about any of the above? Contact Megan Moncure at email@example.com.